Saturday, November 26, 2005

It finally happened...

This has been a really good day with my 1 1/2 year old daughter. She was so sweet all morning, playing independently and occasionally hollering, "hi" through her gate in the living room. After letting her play by herself for awhile I went in and spent some time with her. She was so sweet, holding out her arms to me over and over and saying, "hug". Then she wanted to sit on my lap and play with the zipper on my sweater. My daughter isn't normally a cuddly child, so I love it when she wants to sit on my lap because I know it doesn't usually last long. ;)

After her small morning nap and lunch her disposition was just as sweet. Lots of hugs for Mama today.

But then it happened.

I was in the kitchen when I heard an ominous plastic, hollow-sounding thump. I bolted a mile into the air and ran to look for my daughter. I knew where to look immediately. You can't mistake the sound of a toilet lid shutting for anything other than a toilet lid shutting. Sure enough, there was the little squeak, standing next to the toilet and a rather wet pile of unrolled TP. Her shirt was soaked and there were wet spots on her pants. Ugh.

*sigh* I guess there has to be a first time for everything.

2 comments:

Dennis said...

Oh NO!!!! Not my child! Surely!?!

Dennis and Valerie said...

So that's where she got it.