Tuesday, November 06, 2012

From a 5 year old's perspective-






So, humbling can take different forms...

After our really busy weekend of travelling we were all pretty tired this morning.  We decided that the girls would stay home from school today to get a rest but Winnie really wanted to go.  I asked the other two if they wanted to go and they both agreed with me that it would be good to have a day at home, so we ended up sending Winnie to school by herself.

At supper time I asked Winnie if anyone at school had asked her where her sisters were today.  She said, "No, I just told them!"

"Oh, what did you tell them?" I asked.

"I just told them that Mommy asked my sisters if they wanted to go to school and they said no, they didn't want to go, and I said 'yes', I did want to go."

"Oh, really.  Hmm, did you mostly talk to kids, or did you tell that to some adults too?"

"Oh, it was mostly adults I told that to, Mommy."

Way to cast my parenting skills in a great light, Winnie!  Ha.

1 comment:

Sally said...

Out of the mouths of babes - she was being honest, bless her. Love the photo.