Saturday, February 12, 2005

A Right or a Privilege?

I just read this article on Yahoo news about people being fired for blogging. While I'm not scared that my husband or daughter will fire me for talking about them, the concept still concerns me.

I equate my blog with a journal that I allow people to read. Not that anyone does, but that is beside the point... If I choose to crab about my day in written form, including my workplace or individuals in my life, is that not my right? Do I not have the freedom to express my views? What about the constitutional right for freedom of press? Should there be a disclaimer on the end of all blogs, just in case? This is ludicrous.

And are companies and employers exempt from following the constitution because they have developed their "policies?" Give me a break.