Saturday, October 22, 2005

How to make an ordinary day extraordinary...

I'm feeling a little down today, so I'm preaching the truth to myself...

How do I make my day meaningful?

1. Focus on God's goodness to me.

Psalm 42:11 Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.

2. Remember the Gospel.

Colossians 1:12-14 ...Giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light. For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

3. Let the Truth sink in and act on His grace in my life.

Philippians 2:12-14 ...Continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose. Do everything without complaining or arguing...

No comments: