Tuesday, December 20, 2005

It's Coming

Christmas is coming! After being stricken with the Scrooge attitude for several years I am happily joining in the fray this year. In the past I have really struggled with the consumerism and greediness that the holiday seems to bring out in people and wanted no part in that. I have been rethinking the issue over the past year. While I still am disgusted by how the holiday has turned into a wimpy "me-focused" day and by the excessive amount of money that is wasted at this time of year, I'm equally disgusted with my heart attitude that was ready to throw out the celebration. I was judgmental of others motives and greedy to hoard my money, passing it off as righteous indignation at living excessively. I wasn't thinking of the richness of the day that openly celebrates God's greatest gift to us- Jesus. Good thing He wasn't greedy to hoard His gift. Good thing He didn't refrain from giving because of the ugly attitudes of our hearts. Thanks be to God for His unspeakable gift!!!

No comments: