Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Sick... Again- plus Update (ooo, exciting!)

We've been struggling to stay healthy this fall and winter. I find that my patience, endurance, and spiritual maturity are put to the test when my kids are sick! Something about the whiney, runny nosed kids brings out my worst. This time it was Button who got it first. I am hoping that Squeaky will get it soon so that we will be over it by the time we leave for Nebraska on Sunday! I certainly don't want to take any sickness down to my family, especially my Dad. Pray for us!

Sick pictures are great:
This was Button's third out of five colds since the beginning of October.

This was Squeaky's second cold out of four.

Update: Dec. 13- Praise the Lord, Squeaky got the cold last night, so she will likely be over it before we have to leave for NE. Never thought I'd be so grateful for someone getting sick!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We'll be praying for all of you. They must be feeling miserable. May the Lord strengthen both you and Dennis. He is able. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi there, our fall has been the same. This morning Heidi slept for 3 hours and now she's in bed again for an afternoon nap. Yesterday she was prescribed her first ( and hopefully last) antibiotics for a beginning ear infection... but she's been slightly feverish of and on since her birthday...yuck... Hang in there... We'll pray for you too ok.
Hugs and kisses to all. Hope you have a great trip
love ya, Patti

Sabrina said...

Hey we are praying for you guys. ( And you too Patti!)I know how out of commision sick kids can make a whole family. By the grace of God alone we have been spared this flu season. and have been struck only with a few runny noses and a couple of random upset tummies.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one whose kids have been sick two or three or a billion times since mid-October. Seriously though, I'm praying for you, it is so tough with sick kids.

Kate said...

Those poor little girls! I pray you'll ALL be healthy for your trip! Be safe and warm as you head our way! (You'll probably like that we are snowless so far!) See you soon!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Aunt Valirie! My poor cousins!
And good luck today!-Bailey