Thursday, December 14, 2006
Would YOU know the answer?
I was notified yesterday that I am to take my Canadian citizenship test on January 10, 2007. I like how the letter basically says, "You will come." The fine print says, "If you do not attend this test, you must call Citizenship and Immigration Canada as soon as possible." Not "...if you cannot attend this test...etc, etc."
The study guide for the citizenship test is a 47 page "booklet" called "A Look at Canada." I'm having fun exercising my brain for things other than how to change a diaper efficiently and without making too much of a mess. The booklet gives a pretend test in the back. There are over one hundred questions.
Here are some sample questions. Can you answer them? I found some of them quite humorous.
1. What three industries helped the early settlers build communities in the Atlantic region?
2. Who were the United Empire Loyalists?
3. Give the first two lines of Canada's national anthem.
4. Who is Canada's Head of State?
5. What do you mark on a federal election ballot?
6. Why is the British North American Act important in Canadian history?
Last, but certainly not any less important...
7. What animal is an official symbol of Canada?
I challenge you to post your answers in the comments. Check back for the correct ones later.