Friday, March 02, 2007

Baby Pool!


As you all surely know by now, Dennis and I are expecting our baby to arrive in about a month! For fun, we've started a baby pool. We have one going in a little group on Facebook that you are welcome to join in on if you want to do that sort of thing. Otherwise, we are opening up the pool to include those in blogdom.


Here's how it goes. You guess the following:


Sex:

Date of birth:

Time of birth:

Weight:

Length:

Any other interesting ideas or comments:


We will judge the results on a point system and figure out whose guess was the closest after the baby comes. The reward is a chocolate bar of your choice- or the money to purchase one if you don't want to receive a mashed up, melted mess in your mail. That was a great alliterative phrase, by the way! Say it six times fast, "Mashed up, melted mess in your mail."


We also have a bigger reward (TWO chocolate bars) for anyone who can guess the name of our baby! We'll even make it easy on you and say you have to guess only the first name to receive the prize. You may make one girl guess and one boy guess.


Okay! Guess away, my friends!


P.S. I think it only far to share with you what we've shared on the other pool. My official due date is April 4, 2007. Both of our girls arrived the day before their due dates. Both were also an average size within 2 ounces and 1 1/2 inches long of each other. It is up to you to figure out what I mean by average. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, they say that each consecutive child is bigger than the last.
So this could be the biggest yet!
Sabrina

Dennis and Valerie said...

Maybe! That was not the case with the first two, but who knows?

Anonymous said...

Hi Val & Dennis,

Here goes: sex - boy, weight 7 lbs. 15 oz.; length - 20 1/2 inches; eyes - blue; Arrival date - April 2; time 22:45; hair - blond and only a little of it; all the normal appendages.

Boy's name - Seth; Girl's name - Harmony

I don't remember any of the specs about the girls so it is no help to my guessing.

Love, A. Jean

Anonymous said...

I think it is still a boy. Or I still think it is a boy. Boy, I'm not sure how to say it--that is BOY. In case he is not a boy, she will be a girl. For wt. Oh--7lb. 5oz. length 19 3/4 inches, Date of arrival March 31--going out like a lamb. So you won't have to go without breakfast, how about having him at 4:56am? Of course his eyes will be blue and he is not apt to have much more than some light peach fuzz on top, unless he takes after his dad, in which he'll be mostly bald. A good cry will accompany him into this hostile world and the Dr. will place him into loving hands.
Now for a name. How can we be sure that if we guess right, you won't choose another name? You have said all along that a boy should be Weston. A little girl could have the name of Southern Breeze. Early Dawn is appropriate if she arrives at 4:56am. If he arrives that early, you could name him Cummin. Oh well, we all got to choose our kids' names. I'm sure you will choose a name that is unique. There you go--UNIQUE for either boy or girl. This is fun. I'll take my candy bar in cash. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'll guess this is girl #3. I'll name her Tabitha for you.
She'll arrive on a Wednesday if she's obedient to her Daddy. So lets make that the 28th of March. I'm guessing around 10:47am. She'll be about 19.5inches long and weigh 7lb2oz.

Anonymous said...

oops that was my guess and I'll take my pay in Dennis's favourite choclolate bar. Patti :0

Anonymous said...

Sex: Boy
Date: April 1
Time: 8:04 am
Weight: 7 lbs. 10 oz.
Length: 19 1/5 inches
Name: Oliver Stephen

And I pray that he will not tease his sisters the way my son teases his.

Aunt Des