Friday, May 18, 2007

Mother's Day Weekend

I have a lot of catching up to do on here. My pictures keep marching foward documenting life's events, and I have to keep the blog up to match! Last weekend we went up to Dennis' parent's place. It was a family get together. We missed you, Tottenhamers! :)

The cousins had fun playing together. Grampa and Gramma have a new baby swing and sand box out in the back yard. Wow, what a hit. Button especially likes the swing and Squeaky loves the sandbox.





I had a couple surprises Mother's Day morning. The first was awakening to a huge thud in the next room. It was my energetic oldest daughter banging a bunk bed against a wall, I think... She woke everybody in the whole house except for a couple of the babies (I'm thankful for that small miracle). It would have been ok except that it was 5:30am!!!! The sun was shining brightly into their room and the girls thought it'd be ok to hoot and holler and carry on- and bang the bed. I tucked my trusty dusty ear plugs into my ears and finally went back to sleep.

My second surprise was faintly hearing the door open and a little voice saying, "Happy Mother's Steak, Mommy." I quickly popped my ear plugs out as Squeaky came in carrying a large tray with two toasts and two eggs on it. She had made breakfast for me with the help of her thoughtful Aunt Bee. Talk about sweet!!! I forgave Squeaky for banging the wall.

The tray and stack of plastic cups were my Mother's Day gift. :) Great to use for eating outside on our patio this summer!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cute! "mothers steak"... hee hee hee Way to go, Aunt Bee!

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a lot of surprises on Mother's Day. Do ear plugs really work? I have never used any but the kind that "I am not listening to you". That isn't very effective when you want to sleep at 5:30 am. I enjoyed seeing the little cousins in their matching outfits. Take courage, Val. The Lord will reward you so much for being a good and godly and faithful Mom. I love you. Mom

Sabrina said...

Sorry we missed you all up North. Glad you had a great mother's day though :) I don't think we all would have fit anyways from the sounds of it :)