Thursday, July 19, 2007

Explanation

Perhaps you've noticed the lack of posts in the last week. That's because I'm not feeling very well- dizzy, nauseous, foggy in the head, weak etc. It has gotten so bad that Dennis stayed home from work yesterday morning to look after the girls and his mom came today to help out (thank you, Mom).

I went to the doctor on Monday and will be going back Thurs. morning for a follow-up appointment and lab test results. I'd appreciate your prayers, even if it is just as you are reading this! I find that I am really frightened about this and my fear is making everything much worse.

Helpful verses I've been thinking about- please pardon the lack of references and possible misquotes, these are off the top of my head.

My grace is sufficient for you...
Therefore I glory in my infirmities that Christ might be exalted
For when I am weak, then I am strong
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, may your requests be known unto God; and the peace of God which passes all understanding will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

If you have any other verses of encouragement I'd sure love to hear them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Valerie,
This morning one of my passages was Isa. 32.17 " And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever."

Isaiah has some very comforting verses. One of my leaning poles is Isa. 41:10 "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will stredngthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."

We are certainly praying for you.

Love, Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

Praying for you a lot. There's something about having little ones that make us get so scared when we're sick or they're sick. It's usually not serious, but the waiting can trying. Let us know how things go tomorrow