Saturday, June 14, 2008

Final Day of Building- What a Mess!


Up until now I felt like maybe we were on top of things but after spending many hours up at Jungle Camp working today I feel like there is just more and more to do. Everything is such a mess and I'm constantly saying to Dennis, "Where's the box knife? Where's the scissors? What about the staple gun, do you have it?" Things are taking shape although we've hit a few snags here and there.

Our outside plastic and screens are all on now. Dennis was working on a door this afternoon. I finished up the counters and started working on covering the foam on our benches. That was where I hit the snag- not enough material. Tomorrow we have a big shopping trip planned for last minute supplies so I'm going to pick up some plastic tableclothes to staple onto the back of our benches.

Another problem is that these curtains (Jungle Camp hand-me-downs) are not all the same length. Whoops. So I have to figure out a way that I want them tied up.





This is our shower! The bucket will be rigged up to a pulley and has a spigot with a shower head on the bottom. Well it doesn't yet, but it will.

You'll have to wait until Jungle Camp is over to see what the place looked like when it was all finished. :) Or just come to our open house (more info to come on here tomorrow).

We start moving up tonight at midnight. We are not allowed to drive or use anything with wheels, so Dennis and I will be carrying everything up on a "stretcher". We have to have everything up there by 5pm tomorrow night. It'll have to be liveable by then! I don't think we plan to do any more building tomorrow; we'll just focus on moving in and resting up. I think we are going out for lunch tomorrow during our shopping which will be a nice break. Supper will be a potluck up in Jungle Camp provided by the staff. So I'm off the hook with our clay oven until Sunday.

5 comments:

Kate said...

I'll be thinking of you all this month! Enjoy your time away from technology. Everyone should be so lucky!

Anonymous said...

Looks great!
Bee

Jean said...

may the Lord bless yoou in this new adventure. We will be praying for you.

Looks like you might be able to live in the house. It probably has a lot more than our ancestors had in their sod shanties on the prairies.

Love, A. Jean

Anonymous said...

Trust you'll have strength for the big day. You probably were moving all night. I pray that the Lord will give you patience and grace for today and just a joyful enthusiasm as you continue on. "Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever." Love, Mom

Sarah said...

praying for you as you move today