Friday, April 20, 2012

R is for Rat and Revelation

We have a rat.  Yes, and not a pet one.  We first saw our rat around Christmas bounding down our stairs in large leaps.  It looked like a cat from the corner of our eye.  We are having trouble catching it.  We've put poisonous cookies out for it- consisting of a delightful concoction of rat poison, grease and cornmeal wrapped like a fire cracker in newspaper.  I'm not sure what good that is doing but hopefully maybe we've killed off a few mice and cockroaches that way.

We also have sticky fly paper out that effectively catches mice.  One morning, we found long grayish fur stuck in it and it had moved a few feet.  It looked like a struggle had taken place.  Doom, doom, doom...

This blog is also a revelation, because until now we hadn't disclosed this information to the general public.  By that I mean, someone who used to live here may find this post to be quite disturbing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh oh!
Gramma

Unknown said...

My cats catch them and bring them into our house thru the kitty door, we live on a farm! They are yucky creatures aren't they?
A-Z visitor :)

Dana said...

Eek! Once our cat caught a mouse, then left it in the breezeway. I went out there in the dark and stepped on it with my bare feet. Yuck!

Unknown said...

I have never lived there, and I find it disturbing. Rats give me the creeps. You have only one, it seems, so one rat gives me the creep.